A Note from the PPS Executive Director
By Carol Freysinger
It’s been a whirlwind six or so months since I joined PPS as your new Executive Director.
As you know, the new PPS Staff team is part of Association Headquarters, Inc. (AH), hired by the PPS Board of Directors as the PPS association management company as of mid-2019 when APTA discontinued management services to the Section.
We jumped right into PPS on September 1, just two months before the PPS Annual Conference in Orlando. Thanks to our experienced teammate, KCI Meetings, which has managed previous PPS Annual Conferences, and due to excellent advance planning by the Annual Conference Program Work Group, the Conference came off without any (visible!) hitches.
Here’s the Team:
- Carol Freysinger, Executive Director
- Carrie Stankiewicz, Education Director, joining us from APTA
- Porter Rice, Manager of Industry Relations
- Jon Kinsella, Sr. Marketing Strategy Manager
- Sarah Black, Impact Publication Manager
- Vicki Lindberg and Kim Koteff, Meeting Managers
- Katherine Castillo, Membership & Marketing Coordinator
This team is backed by AH’s accounting, creative, administrative, and executive staff to handle the myriad responsibilities that accompany full-service management of a very active professional society like PPS.
In a future Impact issue, we’ll include an article that describes each staff member’s roles and responsibilities.
If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas, give me a call at 703-662-9381, or email me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from any and all PPS members. This is your organization, and the PPS Staff is here to serve you.