Stand by Your Brand
Community-Focused Private Practice
By Lynn Steffes, PT, DPT
You claim that your brand is a private practice dedicated to patients and the community!
Prove it! Customers are most satisfied when we not only meet, but also exceed the expectations we set!
- Your social media/website/newsletter should:
- provide examples of your staff and patients active in your community
- celebrate local events/successes and stories in your Twitter and Facebook posts/blogs/tweets
- include links to local businesses, organizations, sports teams
- share great local patient testimonials and success stories
- Your clinic(s) should:
- have local pictures, sports team logos, calendars posted
- offer community newspapers, magazines, guides to recreation in the waiting area
- develop relationships and co-promote local small businesses
- hire local when possible
- Your clinicians should:
- look for opportunities to be active in the community, in charity events, and other public relations events
- speak at local health fairs, senior centers, health and fitness venues
- participate in or sponsor local citizens in sporting events such as local runs, rides, walks, and recreational activities wearing logo wear
- offer their expertise and insight in local school career days/fairs
Lynn Steffes, PT, DPT, is president and consultant of Steffes & Associates, a national rehabilitation consulting group focused on marketing and program development for private practices nationwide. She is an instructor in five physical therapy programs and has actively presented, consulted, and taught in 40 states. She can be reached at email@example.com.