Planning Is No Longer Optional
By Paul Martin, PT, MPT, CBI, M&AMI
As we start heading into a new year, take the time to assemble your leaders and work out a one-, three-, and five-year plan. The competition from other companies can be fierce, and calculated planning is essential to maintain your independence. Here are some tips on a planning session that will take your company to the next level.
- Take the group somewhere that is away from the office and allows for stimulating break time.
- Consider a facilitator; that way you can also participate and know that there will be structure to your planning session.
- Be sure everyone has a chance to share . . . uninterrupted!
- Encourage each leader to express their personal goals. Don’t focus only on business goals.
- Focus on the current market in preparing your one-year plan. Consider your competition and how you can differentiate your company from them.
A great planning session will bring your team together on goals and dreams and should outline a clear path to achieving both individual and company objectives.Paul Martin, PT, MPT, CBI, M&AMI, president of Martin Healthcare Advisors, is a nationally recognized expert on health care business development and succession planning. As a consultant, mentor, and speaker, Paul assists business owners with building value in their companies. He has authored The Ultimate Success Guide, numerous industry articles, and weekly Friday Morning Moments. He can be reached at email@example.com.